Evidence of Expenditure
Evidence of Expenditure
You must use VRF grant fund in the way you set out in your original application and not for any other purpose. A grant cannot be transferred from one client to another.
Once the funds have been spent, you must provide documentary evidence to the VRF that the funds have been used appropriately. This must be done by uploading it onto your original online application form. Evidence is required for all grants, even if we paid the funds directly in to your organisation’s account.
Instructions on how you can upload evidence to our system are below. Please note that we do not accept evidence via post or email. This evidence must be uploaded within 6 weeks of the award being granted or 8 weeks if the grant was for the repayment of arrears to access social housing. If necessary, you can contact the VRF to discuss a time extension. If suitable evidence is not provided within this time, you and your organisation may bedenied access to the Vicar’s Relief Fund and we may request that the grant be paid back to us in full.
- Click on ‘My Applications’ on the left hand menu.
- Find the application you are uploading evidence for and click ‘Reporting’.
- On the next page you will see a table with the evidence scheduled to be uploaded. On this table, click ‘Complete Form’.
- You will now be presented with a short form. In the description box just type ‘Evidence’.
- Click ‘Choose your file’ underneath the box and then select the relevant file and click ‘Open’ Files must be under 2mband the format must be either a .pdf, .doc, .docx or a jpeg
- Click on ‘Save page’ at the bottom of the screen
- Select ‘Submit form’ at the top of the page to complete the process.
Acceptable Forms of Evidence:
Please note that a signed statement form yourself or your client is not an acceptable form of evidence.
- Rent Arrears/Service charge arrears– A screen shot of the tenant’s rent account showing the payment being credited, or a written statement from the landlord advising that the amount has been deducted from the client’s rent/service charge account.
- Deposit/Rent in Advance/temporary stay at a B & B– A copy of the receipt provided when the payment has been made, or a copy of the signed page of the Tenancy Agreement.
- Bankruptcy/Debt Relief Order – Your client or yourself will receive an email confirmation/letter upon payment of the application fee.
- Hoarding de-cluttering– A scanned copy of the receipt after the work has been paid for.
- Removal costs– A scanned copy of the receipt after the work has been paid for.
- ID – A scanned copy of the receipt when application has been paid for.
Photos taken using a mobile phone are accepted.
If you client no longer needs the grant, you should fill in the ‘Return Funds to VRF’ in the application portal on Flexigrant.