10am - 1pm
An interactive training and discussion workshop for people who find themselves working with and supporting asylum seekers and refugees in West London. To build knowledge and practice with hands-on staff, leaders and volunteers in public, voluntary or community services and support.
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
If you know people who speak Arabic, Dari/Farsi, Pashtu, Somali, Tigrinyan, Amharic, Tamil or many African languages they are probably refugees/asylum-seekers. People who speak Chinese or anyone arriving from Asia, Africa in the past 3 years may well be refugees/asylum-seekers.
• Essential definitions, entitlements, information,
• What are your priorities? What do you want and need to know?
• Understanding the issues that refugees and asylum-seekers face,
• Considering other migration issues, related to supporting AS&R,
• Language, interpreting, communication and engaging people,
• Sharing experience, best practice/priorities for practice, ideas for action,
• Also sources of support, referral and services, further professional devt.
• This workshop might address issues that can be upsetting.
It is essential to book. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org 01895 441530
All Welcome. We usually have to ask for £25 per person to cover costs. (REAP Members free) but thanks to a generous donation we are able to offer several free places on this workshop in December 2018.
TRANSPORT : Train West Drayton, Bus 222 from Uxbridge or Hounslow, 350 from Hayes, parking nearby.
REAP is a non-profit, refugee-led Charity (1103345) that supports refugees in West London as they rebuild lives as equal members of British society.