Please read these terms and conditions of use carefully before starting to use our Frontline Network online forums. These terms and conditions of use cover:
- Our general Frontline Network forum;
- Our local forums (more particularly described below);
- Our Ideas Board (more particularly described below); and
- Any other part or feature of our Frontline Network website
Please check back regularly to take notice of any changes we may make as any such change will be binding on you. We may update and change our site or forums from time to time to reflect users’ needs. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes.
2. ABOUT US
The forums and the site on which they are hosted are operated by St Martin-in-the-Fields Charity (“we”, “us”). We are registered as a charitable incorporated organisation with the Charity Commission under registration number 1156305. Our contact address is Trafalgar Square, London, WC2N 4JJ.
3. ACCESSING OUR FORUMS
You confirm that you are aged 18 or over and a frontline worker.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our forums.
4. ABOUT OUR FORUMS
We make our forums available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our forums, or any content on them, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our forums is permitted on a temporary basis.
We are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any forums on our site. However, we will use reasonable endeavours to moderate our forums using our own employees or such other individuals including selected forum members or third parties.
We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our forums without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our forums are unavailable at any time or for any period.
Where our forums contain links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources or any liability in respect of the same.
5. YOUR ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD
In order to access our forums and Ideas Board, you will need to become a member of the Frontline Network by registering for an account. You will be required to choose your username and password. You must treat these log in credentials as confidential and you must not disclose details of the same to any third party.
When you register as a member of the Frontline Network, you will have access to our general forum and Ideas Board. You will be given the option to request permission to join our local forums. Our Ideas Board is intended to allow you to post ideas that you would like funding to develop.
Our local forums are closed forums and we have created them to be used by frontline workers operating in specific geographic areas. When you submit a request to join a local forum, we shall decide at our absolute discretion whether to grant you access to the same. You will be sent an email confirming our decision within five working days of us receiving your request.
We have the right to disable any username or password at any time if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with these terms and conditions of use.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your username or password you must promptly notify us at email@example.com.
6. PARTICIPATION IN FORUMS
We have developed our forums to allow you to interact with other frontline workers to share your professional experiences and post relevant questions that other frontline workers may be able to answer (“the permitted purpose”).
You agree that you will only use our forums for the permitted purpose.
When using our forums, you must comply with the following requirements:
- • engage with other forum users in the spirit of cooperation;
- • use our forums only for lawful purposes;
- • ensure that your forum contributions are accurate (when stating facts) and genuinely held (where you state opinions);
- • comply with all applicable law when using our site and forums.
- • that advertises or promotes any product or service that is not relevant to the theme of the forum or the purpose for which it was created by us;
- • that is personal in nature, defamatory, obscene, offensive, hateful, inflammatory, discriminatory, explicit, promotes violence, or is deceptive;
- • that infringes any intellectual property right (such as copyright, database right or trade mark) of any other person;
- • that is in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty, professional duty or duty of confidence; or
- • that gives the impression that it emanates from us; or
- • that is threatening, abusive or invades another’s privacy.
7. CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
You need to be aware that when using our forums, a conflict of interest may arise. Conflict of interest means a situation in which a person or organisation has more than one interest in a matter and those interests conflict. Examples of potential conflicts of interest include (but are not limited to):
- • where your interests conflict with the interests of your employer or organisation;
- • where you reveal confidential information on a forum; or
- • where you breach your professional duty.
We will review any conflict of interest that you report and we reserve the right to take such action as we deem appropriate in the circumstances.
8. CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
When using our forums, you should be alert to the possibility that you may be aware of, or in possession of, information that is confidential to your employer, organisation or other third party but which may also be relevant to the theme or purpose of the forums. In these circumstances, you should always give precedence to your duty of confidentiality and if relevant seek permission from your employer or other relevant third party (as appropriate) to disclose the information to the forums.
9. PROFESSIONAL DUTIES
You may be subject to a number of professional duties. You are required to have full regard for those duties at all times when contributing to our forums and should at all times ensure that your contributions do not breach any of your professional duties.
10. OUR RIGHTS
11. OUR LIABILITY
The content of our forums and the site on which the forums are hosted is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely.
The views expressed by other users on this site and our forums do not represent our views or values and has not been verified or approved by us.
To the full extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our site or forums or any content on them, whether express or implied.
To the full extent permitted by law, we accept no liability for the consequences, whether direct or indirect, that arise as a result of:
- • the content on our forums;
- • use of, or inability to use, our site or forums;
- • use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site or forums; or
- • any virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of this site or our forums or to your downloading or uploading of any content or on any website linked to it.
12. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We own or are the licensee of the intellectual property rights in our site and any of our materials that we publish on it. You may print one copy and download extracts of any page from our site for your personal use. You must not use any part of the content on our site or forums for commercial purposes without obtaining our prior written consent (to be given at our absolute discretion).
You will retain the intellectual property rights in any material that you post on our forums. You grant us and other users of the forum a perpetual, non-exclusive licence to use, store, copy and share content that you post on our forums.
13. APPLICABLE LAW